top of page
Easy Lentil Soup
Warm your soul with a hearty bowl of nutrient rich lentil soup. It's easy and filling!
Category: Delicious Main Dishes
Author: Iraina Rosenthal-Tawil
Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, nut-free
2 Tbsp water
2 cloves garlic minced
2 small shallots
4 large carrots (thinly sliced)
4 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
3 cups yellow or red baby potatoes (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp. each salt, black pepper, garlic powder, ground cumin, & dried thyme
1 cup uncooked green or brown lentils (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
2 cups fresh spinach or kale, chopped
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Instead of oil, use two tbsp water to cover bottom of pot. Add garlic, shallots, carrots, celery and pinch of salt and pepper to season the vegetables to pot. Saute for 5 minutes or until browning occurs.
2. Add potatoes to stir fry. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth and rosemary/ thyme to pot. Allow contents to simmer.
4. Add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add spinach or kale. Stir. Cook for 3-4 more minutes. Taste to adjust flavor as needed.
6. Turn off heat. Serve soup with brown rice or whole wheat bread.
bottom of page