Build Your Own Buddha Bowl
Learn how to create your own delicious buddha bowl with super fresh and versatile ingredients.
Author: Iraina Rosenthal-Tawil
Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, nut-free
Buddha Bowls are a nourishing and satisfying meal made of fresh, leafy greens, whole grains, beans, and raw, steamed and roasted veggies. There are no strict guidelines when building a buddha bowl- you can add just about any whole, plant food that you want! The coolest thing about buddha bowls are that you can mix and match plant foods.
The formula is simple: healthy grains or starch, protein, raw or cooked vegetables, and toppings.
Steps in building a wholesome buddha bowl:
1. Fill the bottom of your large bowl with a base layer of greens:
- Collard Greens
2. Add your grain or starch (1/2 cup):
- Brown Rice
- Purple Yam
- Sweet Potato
- Wild Rice
3. Choose a bean or protein (1/2 cup):
- Pinto Beans
- Black Eyed Peas
4. Add raw, roasted, or steamed veggies:
- Roasted Eggplant
- Cooked Mushrooms
- Spiralized Zucchini
- Red Cabbage
5. Sprinkle on the toppings:
- Goji Berries
- Sesame Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Flax Seeds
6. Prepare a tasty dressing. I like the lemon tahini dressing for this dish.
Enjoy the peaceful plate and good vibes.